Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 3 Practical Experience (pt 1)



Adobe Flash Icon
(from Creative Commons)
For my week 3 - Practical Experience assignment I am going to present my first blog as to what I chose to experiment with and why. My second blog post will be an initial response to using the platform I have chosen, and the final will be my impression after I have utilized a few of the tutorials via Lyna.com. So, for this little experiment I have chosen to play with Adobe Flash as my experimental platform. I chose Flash because after several years as a yearbook advisor in Florida I became very familiar with several Adobe platforms like Photoshop, Pagemaker, and In-design. When I began teaching in PA I was introduced to Contribute. I know Adobe platforms are very daunting when you first open them, but I have really enjoyed using Adobe's other platforms in the past so I am hoping I will catch on to Flash with some guided help from Lynda.com and my brother-in-law who uses Flash for his job as a web-advertiser. What I know of Flash already is very limited. I believe it is a program designed to build websites and animations? I honestly have heard of the program, but never really knew much of its purpose. I hope I am not too far off my assumption.  

1 comment:

  1. Jason, I'm planning on doing my practical experience on Adobe Flash also. Like you, I do not know a lot about it but am anxious to learn. I'll be watching your blog to see if our learning outcomes are similar.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete