Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 3 - Practical Experience (pt 2)



Adobe Flash Icon
(from Creative Commons)
Well, I definitely think I bit off more than I can chew in this assignment. Flash is extremely daunting upon first view. I was right in the aspect that it is an animation builder and used in web design, but that was about it. The nice part about this program is that it has a learn section that introduces a person to the Flash platform.  Of course it is nice until you click on them and notice it is just as daunting to utilize as the program panel itself. I chose not to wait until the third post to use Lynda.com as I was completely clueless on where to even begin with this program.  I watched several of the tutorials under the Flash Professional CS5 Essential Training videos and feel I have become more familiar with the program tools, but after the third video I was already forgetting some of the things from the first two videos. I am really interested in getting to know this software, but I am having a feeling that I will need an instructor (in week 6) to help take me through this program a little more slowly and much more hands on. But I intend to press on and watch a few more videos and hopefully play around with this in an effort to at least create something. But, for those of you actively viewing the progression of this blog post, I would warn you not to hold your breath. I think this training will be carrying over into the next practical experience segment in week 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment