Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 4 - Practical Experience (pt.2)

iMovie
(from Creative Commons)
 I love iMovie and I love my Mac! I was a PC man for the longest time and was always told how user friendly Macs were and how thier software was a cinch to learn and use. I didn't listen and I am shaking my head at all the wasted time I spent learning programs similar to Mac (like movie maker) and getting frustrated at things it couldn't do. But thanks to Full Sail I have taken a bite of the apple and I am hooked! As stated in my previous blog, Week 4 - Practical Experience (pt 1), my goal for this assignment was to work more with Mac's iMovie platform and become more familiar with green screens. What a great time I am having with this!  I started by using Mac's iMovie tutorials to learn how to do this and then moved on to Lynda.com for more hints and tricks. Getting the green background was the hardest part of this practical. I had to use a light green wall we have in our living room and the picture quality of the filming wasn't coming out clear either. So when everything was combined the video is pretty shoddy, but at least I was able to do it and understand what needs to be done the next time I try. The actual post production of the video was so easy I couldn't believe it. I will do my best to buy a green shower curtain (suggestion fro another friend who is familiar with iMovie. Either way, once I figure out how clear up the image on my little Full Sail digital camera, I will be loving the production of my green screen iMovies!

1 comment:

  1. Post is very much informative and content is so much convincing that I look for more in the future.
    Training for DevOps is very helpful in the current market trend.

    ReplyDelete