Wednesday, April 13, 2011

EDM613 Wk3, post 3: Response to Everett Jones


@ Follow me and learn - Wk3 Reading: Art of Possibilities Chapters 5 – 8 (original post by Everett Jones on April 11, 2011)


Photo by Jason Peglow
Everett: Your awareness that you want to restructure your life and relationships for the better is always a great step in the right direction. These kinds of books that inspire people to become more aware of their surroundings and to veer from their current negative actions and directions are fantastic. I wish you all the best in staying on the path to positivity. It is a hard path to follow and is often obscured by a lot life's challenges and other people's negativity. 

You comment about chapter 5 and the conductor who is so far removed from the orchestra that he doesn't hear the questions from people directly, but rather through others is one I find many teachers can relate to. How often do teachers stand at the front of the room and lecture and instruct for months and never really know who his or her students are or hears what they have to say? I know there are times I have been so caught up in the politics of education or my own life dramas that I forget that these kids have just as many (if not more) issues that impact their learning and involvement in my room. If we take the time to get to know them, often times their productivity blossoms because they know that we know who they really are. 

Thanks for your post. 


Wk3 Reading: Art of Possibilities Chapters 5 – 8 (Posted by Everett Jones on Monday, April 11, 2011) 

No comments:

Post a Comment