Thursday, April 14, 2011

EDM613 Wk3 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 2: Paper vs. Project

Captain Educator by J. Peglow
For this post, which is the first in a two-part series, I am to consider how I want to go about publishing my Action Research Project be it in a paper or a presentation format. 

First, (since this is a think aloud) I must say that I am more than intimidated and anxious about doing either of these options. I am very proud of what I have accomplished over the course of this degree program, but putting it "out there" for all to see, critique, and analyze is a bit nerve-racking for me. Hopefully as I go through this process over the next two months the anxiety will lesson a bit...hopefully!

Anyhow, I didn't really have to think much about which of these two options I wanted to do. To me it seems that writing this project our as a paper/article for a publication is the most practical way to present the information I have gathered. Since the majority of my discovery and research is based on data, the paper would provide the best medium to present this material to others. It is all about writing and motivation and there is very little in the way of graphics or visuals to offer. So, based on what I see in my research, I feel the paper is the best way to go.  

1 comment: